Revamping the desktop (MUSE)
March 26, 2007Posted by on
A fun home improvement project I will be working on recently.
1. Clean up the harddrives (master and slave). Archive necessary documents to mobile harddrive #2 (after 1.2).
2. Clean up and re-format the mobile harddrive #2. It will be now used mainly for permanent archiving.
4. Install Windows XP Media Center 2005 on MUSE.
5. Install wireless network adapter on MUSE. Configure it so that it can access the net through the wireless router.
6. Hook it up with the TV.
7. Purchase Media Center PC Remote Control and install.
8. A new TV shelf (current one is too small to hold the big box).
9. A new plasma or LCD TV.
1. Do I need a TV tuner? I don’t watch that much TV, and I don’t have any particular show I am crazy about…
2. A DVD Decoder? Likely not. I don’t watch that much DVD and I have a portable DVD player anyway.
BTW, the 3 windows machine I am running, their names are: MUSE (desktop XP), MEMORY (laptop XP), and MOON (laptop Vista). Cute? : )